Friday, September 23, 2022

WEEK 4 - BE STILL!!

 

PSALMS 46:10 NIV – HE SAYS, “BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD; I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS, I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE EARTH.”

EXODUS 14:14 NIV – THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU; YOU NEED ONLY TO BE STILL

 

I have never been one to just be still regardless of what I am doing. Even in church, I have the whole leg shaking thing going on. I am moving constantly, even when sitting down or reclining. They call it restless leg syndrome. I call it an aggravation!

Then there are those times, that I feel a huge desire just to sit with my eyes closed & just breathe. No agenda, no thoughts, no sounds except my breath. This does not happen often but when it does, it is one of the most relaxing, calming moments ever. It actually causes things to be put into perspective all of a sudden.

That is God’s desire for us is to just BE STILL. Just to stop the mad rush of the daily routine & just be still. There are times when you can think of God’s goodness & love for you. There are other times that you can simply just not think, just be still. To be this still is meditation on a totally different level.

For instance, today, I started the day in a very sad somber mood. About middle of the day, I was mentally overwhelmed, so I just stopped, closed my eyes, & for several minutes did nothing but breathe very deeply. I did not have an agenda to think on God or His word or anything along those lines, but as soon as I stopped & was just still for several minutes, He started speaking to my heart. Reassured me of several things that I needed to hear. He was just waiting for me to simply BE STILL.

We are so busy in our day to day rituals that we forget to allow HIM to speak. He cannot do what He needs to do in our lives until we learn to stop, let go & let Him do it!  

So often, I hear people say (I have said this myself many times), I just don’t hear God right now. I am not sure why He is not speaking to me in this situation. My question is, have you taken time to stop & LET Him speak? There are times when He is truly silent but a lot of times it is simply because we are too busy that we do not allow Him to work in our lives. 

Take that time today to just BE STILL. You will be so surprised as to how much better you will feel.

Also, you just might hear God whisper something you really have been longing to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I REMEMBER YOU

 If you have read my blogs before then you know that I have shared a few pieces of poetry in the past.  I have decided to start writing agai...