Thursday, July 18, 2024

FEAR

 

Silence

A deadly silence

A spiritual cancer

Slowly growing

Choking out life

Taking your breath

Stealing peace

 

Lies

Nothing but lies

Slowly feeding me lies

I start to believe them

I forget the truth

 

A thief

Stealing my joy

My sound mind

My heart

My soul

 

I am consumed

I can’t get passed it

Can’t get over it

Can’t forget

I am lost in it


The truth that I once held dear

Where did it go

Why has it left me

I feel alone

 

Feeling out of control now

Can’t fight it any longer

Can’t pretend that I am ok

Can’t fake it anymore

 

I cry out in desperation

I cry to you

Why did I wait so long

Until I am overwhelmed

 

You hear my cries

You see my tears

You are already there

You were the entire time

Just waiting

Waiting for me to call

 

You remind me of your truth

You remind me that you are so much more

That I am so much more in you

 

You remind me of something else

Something that I already knew

But for a moment, forgot

All that I needed to get out from under the weight

To walk away

To live free

Everything was found in you

 

A gift that you gave me from the beginning

All I had to do was receive it

A gift that it caused me to forget about

A gift so great and powerful

 

Your love

Your unconditional, limitless love

Casts out ALL fear

 

I now lay it all down

I submit to your river of grace

Washing over me

Washing all of the fear away

 

I know now

Through all of this

I had to experience it

I needed to sense it

To smell it

To hear it

 

Cause it will be back

Oh yes, it will

It is part of this crazy life

 

But now…

Now there is a difference

I have seen it

I have heard its lies

I know what it is

 

This time…

I am prepared

I have the armor

I have the truth

 

I will…

No longer believe the lies

No longer allow it to consume me

 

Because of HIM…

I am an overcomer

I am more than a conqueror

 

I know…

Who I am

And whose I am

Who holds me

And who surrounds me

THAT IS ALL THAT I NEED TO KNOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE

  This feeling Took a while to get here To dig out from under the mental wreckage Destruction caused by Fear, Anxiety and Depression T...