Saturday, May 18, 2024

I REMEMBER YOU

 If you have read my blogs before then you know that I have shared a few pieces of poetry in the past. 

I have decided to start writing again. I thought I would share my first one with you today.

Hope it touches your heart.


I remember you

That feeling

That cold chill

That tension

 

Last time, a nightmare

You came in like a flood

Not welcomed

Not wanted

 

This time, not the same

You crept in

You stalked me

Waiting for another moment

Another opportunity

 

I will never forget

The pain

The anxiety

The fear

The sorrow

The tears

Man, all those tears


I was a newby last time

Uncharted territory for me

You knew that

You were counting on that

But in the end…

 

So, you think this time

Will it go your way?

Will I be a notch on your belt?

 

You knew that I heard you

I felt you coming

I felt you creaping

But here you are still

 

I see you’re still the same

Total darkness

Lies

Anguish

Fear

Loneliness

Nothing has changed about you

 

Did you notice?

I am NOT the same!

This time, I am wiser

I am stronger

 

This time, I know WHO I am

I know WHOSE I am

I recognize your lies

But, I have truth behind me

 

This time, I will not open that door

I will not allow you in

 

I know, you won’t leave

I know, you will still keep trying

I know, you won’t give up

Trying to bring me down

 

That’s fine

You can keep on

But this time

You only serve as a memory

As a reminder to me

Of where I have been

And where I am now

Reminding me of the one who kept me

The one who did not fail me

The one who never left me

THE ONE

 

Yeah, HE is the only one welcome here

Not you depression, NOT YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE

  This feeling Took a while to get here To dig out from under the mental wreckage Destruction caused by Fear, Anxiety and Depression T...