Wednesday, July 12, 2023

INNOCENCE STOLEN

As I mentioned in my last post, through quite a bit of harship over the last year, I started writing. These poems are based on real life experiences all throughout my life

This one in particular is a bit heavy. This was during a very trying time in my life.

These are not meant to be a debbie downer but an encouragement instead. Basically, regardless of how difficult life may be, there is only ONE that will never leave you. Only one you can depend on.

Too young and naive at 13

Sheltered home life

No idea this could happen to me

Innocent or did I cause this?

 

Church was my life

Only child, very few friends

Wanted to be liked & loved

Wanted to be included

 

He was the leader

He was a nice man

Or so I thought

No idea what was underneath

 

Youth outing, fun day

I was safe, right?

I am at church after all

End of the day, need a ride

 

Everyone is gone but him

He offers, She agrees it’s ok

Still safe, right?

 

On the ride home things change

He’s talking, conversation, distraction

Then his hand goes there

It stays there back and forth

 

I am confused, no idea what is going on

I know this is wrong, I try to stop him

Why me?  Why him?

Can’t understand

Did I do something wrong?

 

I tell her what happened

She is upset, but tells no one

He acts like nothing happened

I withdraw deep within

 

Time goes by, news about other girls

He is gone now

Everyone now knows I was one of them

Embarrassed, still confused

 

At prayer group one night

She makes a prayer request

For me, because of him

Now more embarrassment & more confusion

 

I’m grown now and You helped me

Helped me to forgive

Forgive him, her and myself

Helped me to let go of the anger & darkness

Healing starts

 

 

 

From time to time, I remember

Still remember the hurt he caused

The hole in my heart

Even remembering is painful

 

I was innocent

But he took that away

He stole that from me

I will never get that part of me back

 

That little girl is gone

But because of you, I am made new

You understood

You did not shame me, like others did

You did not pity me

You just loved me

Helped me to love myself again

 

Your love

No more confusion

No more embarrassment

No more anger

No more darkness

No more questions

Just my story


No comments:

Post a Comment

I REFUSE!!!

 All to often, unpleasant circumstances come our way & we just accept it & call it a test or trial. In all honesty, it could be a co...